New South Wales
- BONDI JUNCTIONTuesday May 0906:30pmEvent Cinemas - Bondi Junction
- CharlestownWednesday Mar 2206:30pmHoyts Charlestown
- OrangeTuesday May 0906:30pmOdeon 5 Cinemas
- WARRINGAHTuesday May 0206:30pmHoyts Warringah
- RobinaTuesday Apr 1806:30pmEvent Cinemas Robina
- Wantirna SouthTuesday May 0206:30pmVillage Cinemas Knox
When 15 year-old Mary Baker died by suicide her parents embarked on a journey to shine a light on the darkest night of their lives.
Duration: 60 minutes
Genre: Documentary - Special Interest
Writer: Helen Newman
Producer: Helen Newman & Lucy Maclaren
Director: Helen Newman
‘Solstice’ is a hopeful, determined and positive story of change that can come out of a most heartbreaking tragedy. Beginning with the story of Mary’s parents, Annette and Stuart Baker, the film expands out to journey through Australia and across the globe documenting the stories of those who are daily on the frontline in the battle for better mental health care - the survivors of suicide. This film bravely steps into the gaping hole left when a person dies by suicide to begin conversations, unite communities and ignite positive change.